Wednesday, February 20, 2013

1st Tetra Spawning

Hi!

My Glowlight Tetras are currently spawning! Meaning breeding! So I might get baby Glowlight Tetras! I'm really excited.  I will get a video, and post it later.  They've been laying eggs in the Cabomba, I think.  Of course there's about 2 males for every female, and the females don't seem too happy about that.  All 10 of them are frantically swimming around the tank right now, it's pretty funny to watch.  Last test was yesterday:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrites - 0
Nitrates - 30
pH - 6
Currently the temperature is 78F.

I'm really happy, because that means that they're happy, and that the water parameters are good enough for them.  :)  Yay!

Anyways, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?