Friday, March 15, 2013

Fish class

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! Part of it is that I wasn't allowed to clean my tanks because I was injured.

Next Tuesday I'm starting a proper fish keeping class! Week one is just setting up the tank.  I'm going to be taking care of the class tank, and hopefully each of the kids will have their own to take care of at home.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and I'm going to get a new Betta, so I'm happy :) So far I have 5 students for sure, and 2 more maybes.

Here's a picture of my 55 gallon from a few days ago! Hopefully the rest of the wood will sink soon.  Then I just need my hollowed log, and some more rocks.

I'm planting my 6.6 today, so I'll post pictures later most hopefully, after I get rid of some of that algae! Maybe I'll move one of my bristlenoses over for a little while?  They'd be so full after hanging out in there for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?