Monday, May 28, 2012

Bettas

Well I guess changing my blog to The Shark Zone didn't help me post more often like I thought it would... I might end up changing it again!

For now I think I'm going to change it to a journal about my fish! :)  So an update on my bettas:

If you read my blog "The Halfmoon Vampire" then you'll know that I have had 5 different bettas by now.  In the order I got them:
King Jonathan the 1st
Queen Thayet Bubbles the 1st (I always wanted to breed King, and Thayet, so I decided to add "The 1st" onto their names so if I get more fish that look like them I can name them after those two!)
Aphrodite Aqua Whitlock
Zoey Astell Whitebird (I change the spelling of "Astell" almost every time I spell it because I can never remember how I spelled it the first time!)
Jack Mitchell Spazz Nightwing.

The first three on the list are all dead :(  Zoey is a white Veiltail, and Jack is a pink, blue, red, and orangish Crowntail! Right now they both have plastic plants in their tanks, but I want to buy some live plants for both of them, and change the gravel to sand.  Java Fern is apparently really easy, and it's one of my favorite plants, even though I've never grown any kind of aquarium plant.  :p

My goal for this year is to post on this blog at least once a week.  Even if it's just "hey... I haven't given up on my goal yet, and my fish are still alive... so bye..."  Let's see if this works out.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a good goal. I'm looking forward to reading your posts ;).

    ReplyDelete

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?