Monday, February 11, 2013

South American Biotope: Part 2

Hello there! This is Part 2 of my South American Biotope "journal".

So the daily water changes are going pretty well, I'll post the stats for all of them when I'm done!
A few of my plants are being ordered soon!
My new plant list:
Amazon Swords
Green Cabomba
Duckweed
Watersprite
Christmas moss

I still need the Duckweed, and the Christmas moss, but the others I have, or are going to be ordered.
I also changed my stocking list, as much as I love the L444 Plecos they just won't work in my setup... Most of the fish I want come from slow moving streams, and the L444's come from fast moving streams, so that won't work.  Here's my stocking plan:
10 Glowlight Tetras
8 Black Widow Tetras
10 Albino Cories
8 Bandit Cories
4 German Blue Rams
3 Guppies
4 Platys

I think this stocking might be pushing it a little... So I may just get the bandit cories, and leave out the albino, or bring the albino numbers down to 8.  The glowlight tetras numbers have to be 10, because somebody I know is giving me 7, and they are apparently nipping, the more I have the less they nip, or so I've read.  The black widow tetras could be taken out, but they're my favorite kind of tetra, so... 4 GBRs might be tough, but with enough hiding places I should be able to swing it.  Unless I can find a store to buy them.  The guppies, and platys I already have, so I can't take those off the list.

So that's my new plan! Hopefully I won't change it too much more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?