Sunday, February 17, 2013

South American Biotope: Part 7

Hello!

I'm not sure how many more parts South American Biotope is going to have, in case you're wondering.  When I'm done stocking, and adding plants I'll be finished lol, then every once in a while I'll do a South American update! :p

Today I went to my favorite LFS, and got three more Glowlight tetras.  I asked if they were going to restock Albino bristlenoses soon after they ran out, and the guy in the fish section said no.  So obviously I had to get two of them! Pebble is the smaller one, and I think I'm naming the bigger one Icicle.  I'm hoping I got a male/female pair, but they're so little they don't even have bristles yet! I'll post pictures with part 8 :)

The 3 new tetras are smaller than the old ones... They'll grow though, so I'm not worried.  Though one has some kind of physical deformity, and I'm hoping it's some genetic thing.

Stocking list so far:

  • 10 Glowlight Tetras
  • 10-12 Neon Tetras
  • 8-10 False Bandit Cories
  • 2 Albino Bristlenose Plecostomus
  • 1+ Angel fish
  • 4 Platys
  • 2 Guppies
  • They have some beautiful Angel fish at that store, if I got one of each color I'd have 6 or more! They has an albino, and I fell in love! Though it looked like it might have dropsy, so I'm not going to be buying it.  I'm not buying Angels anytime soon anyways...

    That's it for now! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Quick facts:
    Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
    Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
    Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
    Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

    What do you think about that?