Saturday, June 30, 2012

Plecostomus

I found out that the Pleco I have is a type of Rubber lip, or Rubbernose Pleco.  The problem is there are a lot of different Rubber lip Plecos.  Then I found a post on the tropical fish forums that listed the most common Rubbernose Plecos, and I found this link! I believe that he is a Striped Rubbernose Pleco, which according to the Planet Catfish only get up to 4", and he is already about that big.  Muddy the Pleco shouldn't get much, if any, bigger than he already is! Which means I don't have a future 24" long Pleco that would outgrow any tank I'd be able to get, which is a relief :)

I also had to move the male Platy (named Elijah Weston) to the guppy tank because he was harassing my female who is going to give birth within the week according to the people on TFF! 

If any TFF members who have helped me are reading this thank you for all your help! I never would've found out what kind of Pleco Muddy is if it weren't for you people! You've helped me so much.  For anybody who has fish, but has never heard of this site I suggest you look around, and if you like it join! It's a great site, with a lot of really helpful fish keepers to answer any questions you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?