Friday, June 29, 2012

JUST KIDDING!

Hey... You know my last post?  "Break time"?  That break lasted a week.


I just got 12 free fish.  8 Platys (Gold Twin-bar platys, one of my favorite colors!), 3 Guppies (Red "tuxedo" I think, also my favorite!), and 1 Pleco (unknown type).

This platy is going to give birth soon I think.  She's the biggest platy I have ever seen!


This is the Pleco, I'm not sure what kind of Pleco, so if you know please comment with the type!

Well those are all the pictures you get for now! I need to have something to keep you coming to my blog! ;)
Maybe the Guppies will sit still sometime so I can get a picture of them, like my very cooperative platys!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Fish-giver here, just wanted to let you know that as I was cleaning out the tank, I came upon a tiny fry, probably about a day old. So I think Big Mama Platy probably had started having her babies before you even got her. I hope she wasn't too disturbed by the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that information, and the fish! She probably was stressed out by the move, and that's why she's not having any more yet. Last night she was acting funny, then the Pleco attacked her (she was near his food!) and she started swimming around again. I think that the other two big platys are also pregnant, so in a few weeks I'll have a lot more platys! :D I did have to remove the male from the tank, and put him in with the guppies. He's not happy about it, but I think he'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?