Sunday, July 1, 2012

Guppy

Emmett Flare one of my guppies may be sick.  I was hoping when I asked the TFF members about it they'd say it was normal, and I was just inexperienced, so I didn't know what was normal with guppies.  Unfortunately, they told me he might be sick.  His tank mates Damon, and Stefan weren't acting like that, which is part of the reason I was so worried about it.  Now I'm glad I was.  Someone told me that most guppies with what they think he has don't last very long, so it's a good thing I caught it quickly! Though it might also be a "mating dance" and he might be fine.  So what I've decided to do is feed him a pea, which is what you're supposed to feed fish with swim bladder problems, and see if he gets better.  That's right all I can do I guess.  I tried to upload a video, but it refused to cooperate.

Update on my other fish.  Kathrine still hasn't given birth, I'm almost starting to get worried about her, but she's probably fine, and I'm probably just paranoid.  (<-- not surprised!)  Muddy the L444 Pleco (I love that common name, L444...) is a girl I think! I need to see it out of the cave I gave it this morning to really be able to tell, it was chasing the platys out of it's cave when I first put it in there.  Lexi is closer to giving birth than Tara, in a week or so.  Tara, I give her about two more weeks, so she should (hopefully) be in the big tank by then.  Stefan wants to be friends with Elijah.  Elijah hates the world right now because I put him in the guppy tank because he was annoying the prego female platys.  Damon, and Stefan are actually friends! They're brothers.  They don't nipped fins, or chase each other, they play together like circling around each other.  It's pretty interesting! They love the filter.  Toph enjoyed swimming near the gravel vacuum when I was cleaning the tank this morning, then swimming away, she's fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?