Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Today:

Somebody asked me what I want to be when I grow up.  Obviously I said "I want to be a Zoologist, or Marine Biologist.  My favorite animal is sharks."

   Then I explained the family sharks are in (Elasmobrach, a family of "cartilige fish" fish without actual bones, their skeletons are made out of cartilige instead of bones.  The only bones in their bodies are their teeth!), and the family that Whales, and Dolphins are in (Cetacean, a family of aquatic mammals.), these are the animals I want to study.
 
   Thayet, is doing well, she will swim up to your finger, and nudge it, or bite it if you stick in her tank.  She also swam onto my hand a few times.  I do not think that she is ready to breed, but then again I'm ready to breed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?