Friday, January 25, 2013

Guppy trouble...

Hola, been a little while.

So current events in my tanks.
My platys, pleco, and gourami are crazy tough, and are currently living through my guppy issues.  The issues with my guppies are that they keep dying.  First Amberlyn died the day after I got her, she was going to give birth within a week I thought.  Then Damon disappeared, and I later find him in the filter intake (with an eyeball hanging out *gags*).  Then today Velvet, and Finn both disappeared! Guess where I found them... Finn was inside the intake, while Velvet was attached to the side.  After a water test I found really high nitrates, which I'll be bringing down with a big water change on Sunday.  That's probably why the males died, though the fact that they both ended up in the filter intake in the same place is weird.  The females may have died for the same reason, but with Velvet something else may have also happened.  Two weeks ago I thought she'd be giving birth any day (I've been right with all the others!) but she just kept getting bigger.  Today her stomach was literally starting to burst open, as if she held the fry too long, and they got too big.  So I''m not sure what's going on with my guppies! I hope the two today were the last two for a while...

Damien is doing very well in his new tank.  He has a few missing scales since I moved him, but on Sunday I'll do water changes in both tanks, hopefully fresh water will help him heal up faster.  He's also got algae on his beautiful sand... I'm thinking about some shrimp friends?

Other than that nothing going on in my tanks.  I did get two mice a little over a month ago, and one of the killed the other late last Tuesday night.  :( R.I.P. Ren...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?