Thursday, March 17, 2011

Disaster Spot

I'm thinking about getting rid of Creepy Corner, and bringing back Disaster Spot.  I had a lot of fun working on Disaster Spot, and then when I changed it I stopped thinking of things to write about.  So, let's welcome back Disaster Spot with this post(:

Seeing as Japan just got hit by some pretty major stuff, let's go back a few years to another Earthquake-Tsunani mix.  In 1998 (which is the year of Disasters we are in.), on July 17th, around 6:49 (their local time!) an Earthquake hit, at the boundery of the Pacific and Austrailian tetonic plates.  The Earthquake was thought to have made 25 mile long crack, but turned out to have triggered a Tsunami, which triggered an underwater landslide! Results, were around 2,200 dead, thousands (can't find number) injured, 9,500 homeless, and about 500 missing! The worst hit village was called Arop, it was directly in the path of the Tsunami (not a great place to be, in case you didn't know.) Here is where I found most of the information. (This is a link if it doesn't show up!)

Anyway, I hope you are as excited as I am that I'm bring Disaster Spot back!
Keep
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~Researching

~~Reading

~Writing

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Disaster Spot! I look forward to reading all about disasters :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, am glad that it is back to Disaster Spot. The other option just gave me the creeps. There is a lot of information out there about this and other disasters.

    ReplyDelete

Quick facts:
Bettas need at LEAST 3.5 Gallons of water, a filter, a heater, lights, and a thermometer!
Fish are not as easy to keep as most people think.
Guppies are also called "Millions Fish" because they have so many babies!
Bettas, and some other fish have an organ called the "Labyrinth" which allows them to breathe air.

What do you think about that?